HEAD OF SPORT: Mrs A Collins
ORGANISER/MANAGER: Mrs S Matthysen
COACHES: Coach Johannes Sikhosana
- Soccer (also known as football) is a sport which consists of 11 players. These players are divided into strikers, goalkeepers and defenders. The main purpose in soccer is to work as a team to score as many goals as the team can. Each score equals one point.
- Soccer is a fun game and does not acquire many rules to follow, but it acquires long hours of continual practice and working as a team to achieve its purpose.
- The soccer league usually starts in term 3 but learners who which to play can start practicing early during the course of the year. Practice times are three to four times a week after school until 16:00. As soon as the soccer league starts the matches will be organised once a week. More info will follow after the first soccer meeting.
- Girls are also welcome to join the soccer league. Girls must let the organiser know so that the team can be registered for that season.
- So far, there are two boys’ teams in the soccer league (the first team and junior team).
WHAT DO I BRING TO PRACTICE?
• Soccer players must bring their own soccer boots, gloves, a soccer ball and other appropriate gear to play.
• You will not exercise in your school uniform. Please bring comfortable exercise clothes to practice on the field.
• We have a talented coach who is passionate about soccer and gives good advice to players to perform well.
DO I QUALIFY TO BE ON THE TEAM?
- We wish to invite all players who want to be part of the school’s soccer team to inform the organiser.
- We want 11 players who are committed to attend all practices and who want to be on the team and who aim to be involved 100%.
- Soccer requires skill, hard work, commitment and working together. Without those factors to stand on, the team will crumple and fall.